So, apparently it is my duty to tell everyone what we did in Georgetown. Pretty much nothing in the 4 days we were there. WE did chores, such a stocking up a 3 week food supply (we are measuring on the scale of a normal family, and seeing as this scale is totally inadequate, it will probably last 3 weeks, but the last week or so will consist mainly of spaghetti and other boring/disgusting food that we find in the hidden depth of the cabin). We also fixed our dinghy spark plug, which was impending our ability to trust our dinghy (basically it wouldn't kick into higher gears, and we couldn't trust it to always start, or to continue running).

I must say, there are some very interesting foods available In Georgetown, if you feel the need to widen your preferences. Although I highly doubt you would prefer some of these food over a nice steak or chicken, but perhaps that’s just me. They had chickens feet- lots of those in supply!!- and,if feet proved too much for you, you could get some sheep’s tongue instead, which is much more tender than feet. As you can see by my expression, I did not think too highly of these new food items.

One of the days we were there we explored the paths on Stocking island, which is the island across from Georgetown. We walked up to the seemingly pointless monument, then down the Intrepid trail- consisting of many cliff paths, and a huge termite mound- to the beach. There we met some true boat kids, who had been living on boats on and off most of their lives. 

That night we went to the party for the end of the Cruisers Regatta, which was on the beach. On the beach they had stingrays, which were being fed conch so they would stay around. You could stand in the water with them, and feed them, however we didn’t feel up to that.
At the party, the parents danced and drank and talked while the kids played very dangerous game of tag in the dark, where you tripped over dinghy anchor lines that are stretched out on the beach, or the mast laying on the beach. You got a choice.  At night, the 300 or so boats anchor lights looked like stars… which were way too close to earth and way too small, but it still looked impressive.

The next day we were complete lazy butts whose day’s events are not even worth mentioning. And the next day we headed up to Emerald Bay marina, where the ocean swells were a calm 6-8 feet tall, and 15 feet wide. It was actually a really nice day, and practically no wind. The swells were very gradual, and were not threatening at all. 

(we had to drive down to the store to pick up fuel. They drive on the left side here, IT was an interesting experience)